Watch the required video clips from the video “Diagnosing Depressive, Bipolar, and Alcohol Use Disorders” (1:34:24 – 2:18:07) and “Bipolar II Disorder.” These videos provide an overview of clinical experiences with bipolar I and bipolar II disorder.
Use the DSM-5 and information from the video to respond to the following questions for this written assignment.
- What are the symptoms of bipolar I that Paul describes?
- What are the symptoms of bipolar II that the female person describes?
- Discuss at least two differences between depression and bipolar disorder.
- Elaborate on at least two differences between bipolar I and bipolar II, specifying the ways in which manic and hypomanic episodes are different.
- If you were a therapist in these cases, what therapeutic modality or modalities would you use to treat their disorders (e.g., cognitive-behavioral, person-centered, family systems)? Use 1-2 scholarly sources to support your answer. If you have not taken a theories course, choose one theory from the above list and summary the articles.
- In addition to therapy, what referrals would you make or what other professionals would you want to collaborate with in these cases?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."