Submit a 3- to 5-minute video, considering the parents as your audience, in which you do the following:
- Briefly describe what the DSM-5 is and how it is organized. In your description, define the concepts of spectrum and dimensionality as explained by Paris and in the DSM-5 introduction.
- Explain why social workers and mental health professionals use diagnoses and what receiving a diagnosis means (and does not mean).
- Explain general concerns about the risks of overdiagnosis and misdiagnosis versus not diagnosing. Also explain how diagnosis is connected to services.
- Explain other details that might help your audience understand the strengths and weaknesses of the diagnostic system.
- Provide a response to the following parental questions:
- My teenager’s best friend died by suicide this year. It’s been months, and she doesn’t seem over it. Her teachers tell me she should get help for depression, but I think it’s just grief. She talks about her friend all the time and gets very upset. I am worried about her. Is it normal for her to still be feeling this way? I don’t want to put her on medication for normal feelings. What is the difference between grief and depression?
Include a transcript and/or edit closed captioning on your video to ensure your presentation is accessible to viewers of differing abilities.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."