Substance use disorders are complicated psychiatric and medical conditions that involve physical addiction as well as psychological or emotional dependence. Substance use disorders are some of the most difficult to treat. It takes a great deal of patience on the part of the provider and the client. It may take several attempts before a client is successfully able to “kick the habit.” Your guidance and patience can help the client to persevere through difficult times during the journey to recovery.
Clinical Supervision is an essential component of your development as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner. It provides an opportunity for professional collaboration as you share experiences with and gain insights from colleagues. For this Clinical Supervision, consider a client with a substance abuse disorder whom you do not think is adequately progressing according to expected clinical outcomes.
- Analyze clients presenting for treatment of substance-related and addictive disorders
- Evaluate effectiveness of therapeutic approaches for clients diagnosed with substance-related and addictive disorders
- Recommend treatment plans
- To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources concerning treating patients with substance-related and addictive disorders.
- Reflect on a client you are currently counseling or have previously counseled at your practicum site who has been diagnosed with substance-related and addictive disorders.
By Day 3
Post a 3- to 5-minute Kaltura video in which you do the following:
- Describe the client. Note: Do not use the client’s actual name.
- Explain your therapeutic approach with the client, including the perceived effectiveness of your approach.
- Identify any additional information about this client that may potentially impact expected outcomes.
- Provide specific recommendations for the client to help them in determining why they are not progressing and what your suggested treatment plan consists of. It is useful to consult the Prochaska and DiClement model.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."