Tasks & Submission Format
To complete this DB, please follow these steps:
- First, view the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health- January 2017 Key Indicators of Health by Service Planning Area report (Links to an external site.)
- Second, utilize the report to respond to the prompts below.
Using the LAC DPH- January 2017 Key Indicators of Health by SPA report:
- From page 4 of the report, identify the SPA in which you primarily live/work/play/go to school.
- From pages 20-25 of the report, *briefly* describe the communicable and/or noncommunicable disease burden in your selected region. In particular, highlight at least 2 communicable and/or noncommunicable diseases that are highly prevalent and/or those that are less of an issue in your SPA.
- Then discuss how you feel about the data representing your SPA (i.e., surprised, angered, relieved, etc.).
- Describe some reasons why you think your selected SPA exhibits the disease burden (communicable and/or noncommunicable) shown in the report.
- List 1 communicable or noncommunicable disease that is highly prevalent in your SPA. Since Diabetes was used as an example in the PowerPoint/lecture, you may not select Diabetes (even if it is an issue in your selected SPA). Once the disease is selected, describe 1 example of each of the following prevention measures that could be used to address your selected disease:
- What is an individual- or community-level primary prevention measure that could be taken to prevent/address your selected disease?
- What is an individual- or community-level secondary prevention measure that could be taken to prevent/address your selected disease?
- What is an individual- or community-level tertiary prevention measure that could be taken to prevent/address your selected disease?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."