Week 10 Assignment 3 – Using A Sociological Approach
For your final assignment, you’ll complete a short answer activity in which you will review a research article to identify the research conclusion. Then, you’ll take another look at that conclusion from the perspective of one of the major sociological theories. Use the Assignment 3 template to complete this assignment.
Review the Article “Money, Not Access, Key to Resident Food Choices in ‘Food Deserts'”.
- What were the key findings and conclusions from the research?
Remember: The four major sociological theories are Functionalism, Conflict Theory, Symbolic Interactionism, and Rational Choice Theory.
- Choose one of the four major sociological theories – Functionalism, Conflict Theory, Symbolic Interactionism, or Rational Choice Theory. (Review Sections 1.8 – 1.12 in your webtext for more information.)
- In your own words, define the theory that you chose.
- Discuss how this theory relates to the research findings in the article.
- Use the article to help answer the questions below.
- What research method was used in the article?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using this research method? (Your response should be a paragraph of at least 5-7 sentences.) See section 2.9 and table 2.1 of the webtext to review the advantages and disadvantages of the different research methods.
- What additional research should be concluded to learn more about the problem examined in the article? (Your response should be a paragraph of at least 5-7 sentences.)
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."