In this assessment, you will test your knowledge globally by assessing an emerging global health issue. You will address factors that exacerbate the issue and develop a plan for improvement. You will also develop a wellness teaching program.
Part 1: Doctors Without Borders Presentation
Imagine you are a nurse working with Doctors Without Borders to address an emerging global health issue in a specific region of the world. You are preparing to travel to the region to improve an issue or illness. Your director has requested that you prepare a presentation about the issue or illness for your fellow staff.
Choose a specific emerging health issue within a specific country (i.e., sex trafficking occurring in the US states bordering Mexico).
Create an 18- to 20-slide presentation, with detailed speaker notes, analyzing emerging global health issues related to the country or region of the world of your choice.
Include a summary of the chosen country and emerging health issues that impact the populations.
Summarize your chosen emerging health issue and explain how and why this issue impacts populations within your chosen country.
Analyze the cause of the issue or illness in your presentation.
- Individual issues (e.g., personal hygiene)
- Community (e.g., resources, demographics)
- Family roles and structures (e.g., single-family households)
- Culture (e.g., values, beliefs)
- Environmental issues (e.g., access to technology and health care, geographic concerns)
- Examine the factors that continue to exacerbate the issue or illness.
- Create an action plan to improve the issue or illness.
- Relief workers
- Cite at least 5 peer-reviewed references in your presentation.
Include a separate APA-formatted reference page.
Format your assignment as follows:
- 18- to 20-slide presentation
- The slides themselves should only contain essential information and as little text as possible. Do not design a slide presentation made up of long bullet points. Your speaker notes convey the details you would give if you were presenting. See the Create Speaker Notes section of the PowerPoint 2013 Training video for more help.
- Part 2: Wellness Teaching Project
Step 1: Select a group from your local community that would benefit from a wellness teaching project. This group might include the following:
- Remote family members
- Group that meets regularly at a local gym or YMCA
- Group that meets at a local park on a regular basis, such as a yoga or tai chi class
- Group that meets at a local church regularly
- (Note: You will follow the steps in the Wellness Teaching Project document for this assignment.)
Complete the Confirmed Participant Needs Assessment (Phase A1) of the Wellness Teaching Project document.
Step 2: Complete the Group Identification Table (Phase A2) in the Wellness Teaching Project document for your selected group.
Step 3: Conduct a needs assessment of the selected group in terms of wellness issues.
- Use the Preliminary Planning and Confirmed Participant Needs Assessment table in Phase A1 of the Wellness Teaching Project document for this step.
- Utilize the appropriate wellness theory in the needs assessment.
- Assess the learning styles of the selected population.
- Step 4: Identify 3 different health promotion topics and objectives for this group.
- Select 1 health promotion topic from the Healthy People 2030 link in Phase B of the Wellness Teaching Project document, another topic from the Let’s Get Healthy California link, and the third topic from either of the aforementioned links.
- For each of the 3 topics, list its goal and 1 specific objective and target (copy and paste verbatim from the indicated website).
- Add the reference for each objective to your Reference page at the end of the Wellness Teaching Plan document.
- Step 5: State how you would perform the Group Needs Assessment in Phase C of the Wellness Teaching Project document.
- Name the Needs Assessment Tool or Approach you will use and how you will use it.
- Step 6: Identify the Wellness Teaching Topic in Phase C of the Wellness Teaching Project document.
Step 7: Complete the Population Nursing Diagnosis for Phase C of the Wellness Teaching Project document.
Step 8: Evaluate the group’s initial Situation Sense of Coherence by scoring their readiness to change a health behavior in Phase C of the Wellness Teaching Project document.
Step 9: Complete the Brochure Selection Phase D1 of the Wellness Teaching Project document.
Step 10: Complete the Brochure Evaluation Section Phase D2 of the Wellness Teaching Project document.
Step 11: Complete the Lesson Plan Teaching Methods Phase E1 of the Wellness Teaching Project document.
- Complete the Learning Strategies Tables, as listed in Phase E1.
- Step 12: Complete the Lesson Plan Learning Objectives in Phase E2 of the Wellness Teaching Project document.
- Develop 2 SMART behavioral learning objectives for your group.
- State which wellness theory or model you would use to guide your teaching.
- Step 13: Develop the Lesson Plan for the selected Wellness Teaching Project topic in Phase E3 of the Wellness Teaching Project document.
- Create the lesson title.
- Incorporate appropriate learning styles for the selected population.
- Determine how you would pre-test the message and materials.
- Determine the supplies and materials you would need to prepare and how you would distribute these to participants.
- Complete the Lesson Plan table in the Wellness Teaching Project document in Phase E3.
- Develop an appropriate assessment to gauge learning outcomes achieved with the population.
- Step 14: Prepare a Group Evaluation Follow-Up Lesson Plan per Phase F1 of the Wellness Teaching Project document.
Note: Grading Rubric
Part 1: Global Health Issue and country summary – 25% of the total grade
Provide an exceptional summary of the chosen country and emerging health issues that impact its populations, explaining how and why the chosen emerging health issue impacts populations within the chosen country and analyzed the cause of the issue or illness.
Doctors Without Borders Presentation – 25% of the total grade
Accomplish powerpoint presentation, demonstrate excellent slide design, include thorough speaker notes, thoroughly analyzed emerging global health issues related to the country or region of the world, and address each of the required assignment components.
Part 2: Wellness Teaching Project- 40% of total grade
Develop an appropriate and comprehensive wellness teaching project, each phase of the wellness teaching project document has to be complete, accurate and thorough.
Follow the Wellness teaching project document. Please see attached document.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."