Employment selection is important and hiring the right people for the job is essential. However, as HR professionals, we want to ensure that our testing measures are accurate, reliable, valid, and without bias.
Chapters 7, 8 & 9 are important, even though you may “shudder” when seeing the statistical measurement overview. Selection measures use the tools mentioned in chapters 7 & 8. Please review them well.
1) Read chapters 7, 8, & 9 and all website links and videos in Week 7 modules before answering this discussion post question. URL links are here for your convenience
Gregg Learning: Reliability and Validity
Gregg Learning: Reliability and Validity in Selection
HR Guide.com: Test Reliability & Validity
Understanding Assessment: Types of Validity
Types of Selection Methods
2) In your own words define Reliability. Be thorough and substantive. Feel free to include an example. Why is reliability important in selection measure methods?
3) Describe in detail, two types of reliability estimates. Explain well. Why are these estimates important?
4) In your own words define Validity. Additionally, discuss two types of validity. Be thorough and substantive. Feel free to include an example. Why is validity important in selection measure methods?
5) Chapter 7 Material: Describe how you might go about determining scores for an applicant’s responses to interview questions?
Minimum 400 words. UM Honor Code: Explain in your own words; complete this assignment on your own.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."