This week, you will conduct an equity impact assessment of the technology you have selected for your Course Project. The goal of this assignment is to provide a framework for removing barriers that disadvantaged people may experience in accessing and utilizing new technologies, as well as analyzing technologies through the lens of social justice and equity.
Equity is defined as the belief that all humans are created equal (Martin & Nakayama, 2020). Determinants of equity include the social, economic, geographic, political, and physical environment conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work, and age and that are necessary for all people to thrive regardless of race, class, gender, language spoken, or sexual orientation. Inequities are created when barriers exist that prevent individuals and communities from accessing these conditions.
Your equity assessment must address the following.
- Provide a two- to three-sentence goal statement for your technology. What is the intended impact?
- Identify and explain groups that may be impacted by the technology. This can include, but is not limited to, low income populations, communities of color, linguistic minorities, LGBTQA+ communities, and immigrant or refugee populations.
- Identify and explain regions that may be impacted by the technology. This can include, but is not limited to, urban communities, rural communities, coastal communities, industrial communities, and ethnic enclave.
- Analyze potential positive and negative impact(s) or unintended consequences for three identified populations. As part of your analysis, include the following for each of the three populations you select.
- Identify the population.
- Describe the potential positive and negative impacts and consequences.
- Propose actions to mitigate negative impacts or enhance positive impacts.
A successful assignment will
- be two to three pages in length;
- be composed using Microsoft Word and using 12-point Times New Roman;
- include a minimum of three sources; and
- be formatted and cite sources using the seventh edition of APA.
Don’t forget to submit your assignment for grading.
Week 5: Equity Impact Assessment Grading RubricWeek 5: Equity Impact Assessment Grading RubricCriteriaRatingsPtsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAssignment RequirementsResponse is two to three pages in length, cites at least three reputable sources, and is formatted in seventh edition APA style.20 to >0.0 ptsFull Marks0 ptsNo Marks20 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeGoal StatementResponse includes a two-to-three sentence goal statement for the technology. The intended impact is clearly explained.10 to >0.0 ptsFull Marks0 ptsNo Marks10 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeImpacted GroupsIdentifies which groups are impacted or may be impacted by this technology, such as low-income populations, communities of color, linguistic minorities, LGBTQA+ communities, and immigrant or refugee populations.20 to >0.0 ptsFull Marks0 ptsNo Marks20 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeImpacted RegionsIdentifies which regions are impacted or may be impacted by this technology, such as urban communities, rural communities, coastal communities, industrial communities, and ethnic enclaves.20 to >0.0 ptsFull Marks0 ptsNo Marks20 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomePositive Impacts, Negative Impacts, and Unintended ConsequencesIdentifies positive impacts, negative impacts, and possible unintended consequences of the technology on three different populations. Includes proposals for mitigating negative impacts and enhancing positive impacts.30 to >0.0 ptsFull Marks0 ptsNo Marks30 pts
Total Points: 100
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."