Appraise The Components Of The Research Process
A competency for evidence-based practice among registered nurses is “the critical appraisal of published research studies to determine their strength and applicability to clinical practice (Melnyk & Fineout-Overholt, 2019, p. 315).”
Differentiate the components of the research process.
As a recent BSN graduate, you sign-up to join a journal club on your clinical unit. The journal club serves as a collective effort to remain current with the literature. The purpose of the journal club is to provide a strategy for evaluating current research and translating it into nursing practice. The facilitator of the journal club has asked you to select, critically appraise, and present your findings at the next meeting. Since this is your first time presenting, the facilitator provides a worksheet to guide you through the process.
Select one current nursing research article that can be translated into evidence-based practice. Review the article and complete the worksheet provided. Your analysis will include the required elements of the research process and will begin the evaluation phase of appraising the literature. Identify the steps or elements of the study. Determine the strengths and limitations of the research study. Evaluate the credibility and meaning of the study findings
- Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Logical, original and insightful
- Professional organization, style, and mechanics in APA format
- Submit document through Grammarly
NUR3463 Module3 Assignment Worksheet
- How to read an article
- Where do I find permanent links?
- How do I find quantitative nursing articles?
- How do I find qualitative nursing articles?
- How do I find articles about nursing best practices?
- Comparison of evidence-based pratice vs. scholarly research articles
Melynk, B.M, Fineout-Overholt, E. (2019). Evidence-based practice in nursing and healthcare. Wolters Kluwer. China
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."