Genetic Disorder Presentation
Describe the principles of genetics and genomics.
As you work with your preceptor, you learn that she is planning a training session for all new nurses to familiarize them with principles of genetics and genomics using data from a three-generation family pedigree. She asks your help in building a pedigree and genogram to reflect inherited genetic disease processes. You agree to do some reading and describe a genetic disorder and provide a genogram that would indicate how this disorder is transferred over generations. Your preceptor asks you to pick one from this list:
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Turner Syndrome
- Von Willebrand Disease
After you pick one, create a brief 3 – 5 slide presentation using Microsoft PowerPoint® and a free recording software compatible with PC and MAC computers, Screencast -O-Matic©. Follow these instructions to download and use this software to create your presentation.
- Access the Screencast-O-Matic© homepage by clicking on the box in the upper right-hand corner titled, “Sign Up” to create your free account.
- Create a free account (be sure to write down the email and password created for account access.)
- Once logged in, click on the “Tutorials” link at the top of the homepage and view 1. Recorder Intros
- Create your presentation by clicking on the “Start Recorder” box.
- Once finished recording, click on the “Done” button.
- Next, choose, “Upload to Screencast-O-Matic.”
- Select “Publish.”
- Choose “Copy Link”
- Place the “Link” in a Microsoft Word document and then upload this document to the assignment drop box.
- For additional assistance on creating a Screencast-O-Matic, please visit the Library and Learning Services Answers page: How do I make a video of a PowerPoint presentation using Screencast-O-Matic?
Address the following principles of genetics and genomics:
- Create a three-generation family pedigree and genogram with standard symbols with the interpretation of results explained using standard terminology
- Definition of your chosen genetic disorder and how it presents in clients
- Possible educational needs for the client and family
- Possible genetic testing for the disease you selected
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."