Develop Skills For Negotiation, Decision-Making, And Other People-Related Processes Within IT
IT402-3: Develop skills for negotiation, decision-making, and other people-related processes within IT consulting.
PC-1.3: Apply conflict management skills to resolve issues and/or build team alliances.
Almost every profession these days requires that you possess ‘good people skills’. But what are people skills and how can they be developed? Effective interpersonal behavior will equip you with the knowledge and skills to get more from your interpersonal relationships, whether they be of a personal or professional nature.
This assignment is comprised of three parts. Please read bellow.
NOTE: Consider using the Unit 4 RACI chart sample template.
Part 1: Managing people – the RACI Chart
This part of the Assignment is connected to the ideas shared in Discussion No. 1 this week. There is a new company that needs quite a bit of technology help as they set up business selling tractor parts. For this week’s Assignment, choose the option below that suits your expertise best:
- Web: You have been hired to build their website. So far, the team consists of the following people in addition to you (as consultant): an HTML-CSS design expert, a database and PHP expert, and a content expert.
- Network: You have been hired to develop their office network. So far, the team consists of the following people in addition to you (as consultant): an infrastructure architect, an installation expert, and a software expert.
- Software: You have been hired to create a program that tracks deliveries. So far, the team consists of the following people in addition to you (as consultant): a programming expert, an interface design expert, and a database administrator.
- Database: You have been hired to create the company database. So far, the team consists of the following people in addition to you (as consultant): an SQL expert, an interface design expert, and a migration expert.
Part 1: The RACI Chart:
Choose just one of the scenario options above.
- Provide an appropriate paper subheading.
- Write an introductory statement to this section before presenting your RACI chart. Do not simply say you “chose scenario no. 3” – write as if the reader is unaware of the Assignment instructions.
- Develop a RACI chart for the project.
- Use Excel.
- Include conditional formatting to color-code R, A, C, and I.
- Embed (do not link) the Excel chart into your Word document.
- Level of detail required:
- There must be at least 12 tasks.
- Your team must have at least five people – those listed above plus two more. You can get ideas from the discussion board for additional team members.
- Do not use templates (other than the RACI chart template noted above) or sources for this part of the Assignment; this is to be developed from your understanding of RACI charts from the textbook reading.
For more information on APA style formatting, go to APA Style Central under Academic Resources of this course or visit the Writing Center.
Also review the university policy on plagiarism. If you have any questions, please contact your professor
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."